I’m back today with another 70’s inspired look with Old Navy. As one of its ambassador’s I personally think this is one of my favourite collections to have styled. I’m just so in love with the laid-back vibe, and excited to bring out spring pieces that have a retro flare. The 70’s definitely had many eclectic pieces, but I love that Old Navy has made an amazing collection that is very wearable in 2016 and gives a nod to vintage, while staying classic.
A warm day in the meatpacking district meant a denim skirt, cute cross-body bag and fresh blooms to salute the spring weather! I have this skirt in white denim as well and absolutely love the fit and vibe. You can pair it with a sweater, slim fitting tank and denim jacket, or a pretty, feminine top like the one I have on to switch up the look. It works for daytime lunching/shopping and festival hopping (if you’re attending some outdoor concerts this season). I just love how versatile and comfortable it is!
Tips to rocking the 70’s vibe:
- Pair pieces that balance out (tuck in your top when wearing a skirt, and wear a loose top with flared denim).
- Rounded lens sunnies lend a vintage feel and make any outfit a little cooler (and more Lennon!).
- Reach for chunky heels over stilettos (they’re more comfortable and look retro).
- Vintage blues, soft neutrals and flower power wins you the boho chic look.
- Laid-back is always in style. Let your hair loose, throw on some flats and rock out the vibes. The 70’s was all about an effortlessly fresh and feminine appearance (and relaxed fit).